Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get Apps online?
We submit apps within 7 business days after you provide us with all required data. Android apps appears in Google Play immediately after submission. Apple reviews all apps and this process may take up to 14 days or sometimes even more. We can't affect this process.
How will my app be delivered?
We deliver apps as binaries. We'll submit both iOS and Android apps to AppStore and Google Play for you. We may also send you Android .apk file if you would like to distribute it in another ways rather than Google Play.
Please note: if you would like to review apps before submission, please let us know, but we consider your purchase as delivered when we'll send you installation files.
Will the app fit my website layout?
All apps include basic color customizations to fit your website styles. If you are not happy the with color scheme chosen by our dev team you'll be able to change it at any moment.
If you feel you need more custom layout kindly contact our sales department to get a free quote on such a customization.
I have a customized PHPFox core. Will the app work with it?
We have server-side part for our applications which we'll need to install on your phpFox website. If you changed phpFox core features apps may have some issues. Our dev team may adopt the app to work with your customized core at affordable price.
Server side module is not a mod to phpFox, so you'll be able to update your phpFox without any risk.
Please note: We may ask you to open some server ports to make PUSH notifications work, so this feature may not work if you're using shared hosting. It's not a problem on VPS and VDS (and actually some shared hostings too).
I need more features, is it possible to add them to the app?
If you would like to create custom versions of apps, i.e. free app with limited functionality and full-featured paid app, we may customize the app to fit your needs. Kindly contact our sales department.
What is the difference between "Starter" and "Pro" packages?
The only difference between these 2 plans is that: With the "Starter" package, your iOS & Android apps will be submitted to the app stores with the phpFoxer App Store account. With the "Pro" package, they will be submitted with your own App Store account. Benefits of submitting your apps with your own app store accounts (Pro Package) are:
- We will be providing you the ".apk" and ".ipa" app build files. You will have full control on the publishing / un-publishing of the apps.
- While submitting your Apps to the App Stores, we will take and post good screenshots of your App for the App listing. You will be able to change them easily as per your choice from your app store accounts.
- After your App is submitted, you will also be able to add additional graphics for it from your app store account like: Feature Graphic, Promo Graphic, Promo Video, etc.
If the Pro package has so many benefits, then why would someone subscribe to Starter package?
Starter package has a lower cost than the Pro package. Additionally, with the Starter package, you also save the $99 per year fee of having your own Apple developer account.
Thus if you want to see what your community's mobile apps would be like, with a low initial start-up cost, then you can go for the Starter package.
You can anytime move from the Starter package to Pro package by contacting us, and our support team will help you out. App transfers from phpFoxer app store account to your app store account will be subject to app store terms (see iTunes app transfer terms here, and Google Play Store's app transfer terms here).
Can I cancel my mobile apps subscription any time? What will happen when I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription any time, and renew your subscription later. While renewing your subscriptions, you will not have to pay their one-time fees again.
We recommend that you should not cancel your subscription to get continued support for our mobile apps and to upgrade the apps on iTunes and Google Play when we release new versions. If you cancel your mobile apps subscription, then you will not be able to file support tickets for any support related questions.
Additionally with the Starter package you need to have an active subscription for your app to be available in the app store. With the Pro package, as the apps are published with your app store account, you have control on the publishing / un-publishing of the apps.
I do not want recurring subscriptionS. How can I get the apps with one-time FEE?
If you want to get Mobile Apps for your phpFox based community along with uninterrupted 6 months support by paying just one-time payment and do not want to loose any benefits of recurring subscription, then you can order this plan: "One-time Payment Package with 6-months Support", that is also mentioned in the above plans list.
1) For building and setting up your community's Mobile Apps an email with instructions will be sent to you after your order of one of the above subscriptions. Please contact us if you have any queries regarding this.
2) These Mobile Apps are dependent on phpFoxer app we'll install during app's configuration. Hence, this plugin must be installed on your phpFox website.
3) Support shall be provided mainly by means of an email support or at the sole discretion of phpFoxer may be provided by other means of communication such as telephone and/or online communication services (Skype).
4) Support shall ONLY be provided for the following issues:
- Plugins installation and upgrade issues for: "phpFoxer plugin", "Android Mobile Application" and "iOS Mobile Application";
- iOS and Android apps build-up, setup, submission to app store;
- iOS and Android apps upgrade;
- Errors encountered during the normal use of above unmodified plugins and iOS and Android apps;
- Support, at its sole discretion, may provide assistance with other issues on a case-by-case basis;
- Support will NOT be liable for requests involving the customization of our software (with the exception of Enterprise customers) including but not limited to:
- The integration of third-party modules;
- The addition of functionality to the Software package;
- The customization of the graphical interface;
- Assistance in locating resources out of Support's realm of expertise;
- Support for modified Software will be provided at Support's sole discretion.
5) Regular Development with New Features & Enhancements: We're regularly working on building & releasing new stuff in our iOS & Android mobile apps. To track our upgrade releases for Mobile Apps, please visit: https://www.phpfoxer.com/blog/.